Kleos 6.7 (released in November 2019) comes with improvements in many domains.
You will find in this page:
- a video showing the new Case situation & Case budget features
- a short description of the main new and/or improved features
- The full release guide which describes, with more details all the new features available in Kleos 6.7 (downloadable PDF)
Discover the new Case situation & Case Budget features
Main improvement included in Kleos 6.7
CASES: Case situation
This new feature introduces the possibility to access instantly an overview of the most relevant information related to a case when opening it.
This includes : graphs showing the current financial situation, last and next steps (tasks and appointments), the recently modified documents and the notes.
The “Case Situation” is the first tab inside each case (left of “General”) and is symbolized by this icon :
It is organized in five widgets, from left to right : Last documents , Appointments ,Tasks, Financial status, Notes
GOOD TO KNOW:
- (access to the widgets respects your permissions to modules and features of Kleos)
- Each widget has a + button allowing the creation of a new item.
Last documents widget
Shows the documents that were created/modified/imported in the case, most recent being on top of the list).
Just double-click to open and edit a document.
If all the items cannot be shown, a “More” link will lead you directly to the documents tab of the case
Use the + button to create a new one.
You may also import a documents directly by dragging & dropping it inside this widget
Shows the last event from the calendar and also the upcoming events.
Simply hover over each element to show more details, or click on it to edit.
If all the items cannot be shown, a “More” link will lead you directly to the Calendar tab of the case
Use the + button to create a new appointment.
Shows the last completed tasks in the case and a list of upcoming tasks.
Simply click on one to edit.
If all the items cannot be shown, a “More” link will lead you directly to the Tasks tab of the case
Use the + button to create a new one.
Financial status widget
The graph on the left shows the amounts of fees/expenses/disbursements, each distinguishing billed/not billed.
The graph on the right shows the total spent hours, also distinguishing billed/not billed
The first table on the right shows the “RESERVE” (excluding VAT) : it compares the not billed amount with the amount of provisions : if provisions exceed the not billed amount, then you have a reserve. If not, you should invoice activities or create a new provision.
The table on bottom right shows a summary (including VAT) of invoices, credit notes (only final documents, also Proforma if applicable in your country) and payments that occurred.
The difference shows the global unpaid amount, also showing the overdue amount (unpaid amount on invoices/provisions whose due date has passed).
GOOD TO KNOW:
- You may use the + button to create a new activity or invoice/provision.
- if a budget has been defined for the case, the caps on fees and/or hours will also be shown in the financial situation (see the dedicated section Case Budget of this document)
Please read the next sections in this document to know more about the Case Budget.
Shows the notes related to the case.
Simply click on one to edit it.
Use the + button to create a new note.
Configuration of the Case Situation
Inside the case situation screen, click on this icon (bottom right)…
This will open the related screen in the preferences (tab case overview):
Here you may decide to :
- Make the Case situation be the default tab when accessing a case (if so, leave the box unchecked), or the General tab (check the box)
- Hide or show the financial status (depending anyway on you permission to access financial information)
- Hide or show the notes
IDENTITIES: Manage access rights on identities
Kleos 6.7 introduces a new feature giving the possibility to limit the visibility of some identities (clients typically) to some office members.
To activate the feature for a member (or a group)
From the configuration menu: access the Authorization Manager, AREA : Identity; and check the KLEOS ACTION : Manage authorization identities
NB : usually only Administrators have access to the Authorization Manager.
From that moment, the related user (or group) is now allowed to set authorizations on identities.
To grant authorization to users (or groups of users) on an identity
Select an identity to be protected.
The menu More… contains a new item : “Authorization”
Kleos opens then a window where the user can set an Identity authorization for the selected identity.
The Identity authorizations can be assigned to everyone or for a single user or group of users.
By default the switch “Set permission” is deactivated, meaning that all the office members are authorized to visualize and manage the selected Identity.
- Click on “Set permissions”
- Select the user(s) or group that should have access to the identity
- Select the specific access rights (Edit and or Delete)
- Then OK
Once an authorization has been set on an identity, Kleos updates the tab “Authorizations” inside the identity, as shown below:
Through this tab “Authorizations” of an identity, the User can check which User/Groups are authorized to manage this Identity; on the right is available the button “Set Authorizations” to set up additional authorizations (if user have the right to do so).
GOOD TO KNOW :
- Currently, it’s not possible to set visualization permission while creating a new Identity.
So, just after creating an identity, access the More…, Authorization menu to protect the identity.
- Authorizations can only be set on external identities (clients, external contacts), not on office members
Once an identity has been hidden to another office members/groups, this Identity will be not visible in the Identity list and it will not appear as search result in the advanced/quick and saved search controller.
Visibility of protected identities inside cases
If the user has access to a case where a protected identity is involved, he will be able to access the identity, but only from the case.
Also, when an Identity with access limitations is added in a Case, Kleos shows a warning message to the user in order to inform that it could be required set up Case authorization in order to maintain that Identity not visible at all :
ACTIVITIES : Case budget (alert on overspent)
To allow the control of time spent in a case Kleos 6.7 introduces the possibility to define a budget and be alerted when the limit is reached or passed.
In the General tab of each case, two new information: Registered hours and Registered fees.
For each one, a cap can be set/edited by clicking in the gear icon.
Alternatively, setting the caps can be done from the Activity tab of the case, in the “More… Options” menu.
The activity option window then shows a new section named “budget”:
The options are:
- Cap on hours: represents the cap on the worked hour
- Cap on fees: represent the cap on the amount of fees (time-based or flat).
- Warning threshold: represents a warning threshold defined as a percentage of the cap.
- Count only unbilled hours/fees. By default, this parameter is not selected, and all the registered hours and fees are added to check the caps.
When the option is selected, only the unbilled hours and fees are considered in order to check the caps.
Budget set on REGISTERED hours/fees
The cap(s) that have been set appear in the General tab of the case :
The total of Hours/fees that have been registered also appear here, in orange if they are above the threshold but below the budget :
Alert when an activity is created
Every time an activity is saved in a case with a budget, Kleos checks that the cap is not being reached and shows a warning message requesting a confirmation (the message is not blocking).
Budget set on UNBILLED hours/fees
When the option “Count only unbilled hours / fees” is active on a case, the unbilled fee and hours are considered instead of the registered hours/fees.
Each time the user invoices fees, those fees are excluded from the budget calculation. This behaviour is useful when a recurrent price agreement is applied for a case.
If the number if unbilled hours or unbilled fees reaches the threshold (if set), they appear in orange, .. or in red if they exceed the budget.
DOCUMENTS : Massive duplication of documents from one case to another
To accelerate the duplication of document from a case to another, it is now possible to select several documents to be copied.
Then click on the usual Copy/Duplicate button, Kleos opens the window below:
You can select the destination case.
Regarding the destination folder, two options are possible :
- Duplicate in the same folder structure folder is CHECKED (default) : the documents will be duplicated in the same folders as in the original case.
Missing folders will be created in the destination case
- Duplicate in the same folder structure folder is UNCHECKED : all documents will be copied in a single folder in the destination case (specify this folder by choosing in the list on Virtual folder
GOOD TO KNOW :
- Kleos will NOT duplicate massively the following files: emails, Invoices and e-courts documents
- The version of document to copy is the version of the origin document at the moment of copy. If the document in the case of origin is checked out, the last checked-in version will be copied.
DOCUMENTS : assign an owner to a document
From Kleos 6.7, it’s now possible to assign a specific member of the firm as being the “Owner” of a document.
This allows to make distinction between the Creator of a document, and the “Responsible” of an important document (=the Owner).
The new field Owner can be populated in several screens of Kleos (and at anytime) :
Typically when :
- Creating a new document
- Checking-in a document
- Importing a document
- Editing the properties of a document
GOOD TO KNOW :
- The column Owner can be added in the grids that show documents
- The advanced search screen on documents allows to use Owner as a criteria
Also, the standard report related to documents now includes the Owner.
And users that have access to the Jasper report editor can also use these field within their custom reports.
GOOD TO KNOW : by default, the Owner of a document is its Creator (this is also true for all documents created before Kleos 6.7).
DOCUMENTS : add an image signature to a document (PDF)
This feature has been extended to Germany, Sweden and the Netherlands.
It allows the user to add an image (typically reproducing a handwritten signature) on a PDF document.
From the general Documents tab, or from the Documents tab in a case , use the Sign button
The Sign button is only available for the PDF documents and for the MS Word documents with an attached PDF.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- The feature doesn’t support PDF’s that are protected by a password and PDF-A format (archive).
- The signature (image) to be inserted in the PDF should be created previously and stored on your PC
Select the image to be inserted (on your PC)
It is then possible to :
- Move and resize the rectangle to indicate where the signature will be inserted.
- Assign a distinct name to the final PDF
- Select the destination folder of the signed PDF
After clicking on Sign, a new PDF (with the signature) is added to the case inside the specified folder.